What do you call these guys? Or rather, how do you spell it?

I've come to realize that I can't be satisfied with any of the spellings! Let's look at what Wikipedia has to say (because it's great to cite Wikipedia twice in a week!). Chili, chilli, and chile are all ok. But how am I supposed to pick which one I want to use? Does my spelling say reveal something about me such as my geographical region, my personality, or some deeply hidden desire?
CHILI
I'm not sure I'm comfortable with this one. When I see "chili," I think...

Well, I suppose that could raise further debate on exactly what chili is, given that the use of beans, serving atop noodles, etc. are also hot topics. I am open to all types of chili, so we'll leave it at that.
CHILLI
I don't know about this one either. Something about the LL just rubs me the wrong way. Also, wasn't Chilli one of the members of the 90s group TLC? (i.e., she was the 'C'). This one is out.
CHILE
I thought this was my preferred spelling. Maybe it still is, but the fact that it could also be a country in South America induces doubt in my own opinions.

CHILLY
Ok, I just really wanted a picture of Chilly Willy on here. Who doesn't love penguins?

This whole thing has me craving peppers and meaty stews. I guess I shouldn't care too much about how to spell chili/chilli/chile if they're all acceptable. Perhaps I can add a little variety to my life by changing how I spell it depending on my mood.
Ok, one last picture. Check out these purple chiles! Aren't they amazing? I found them on Columbus Foodie's blog. This makes me wish I could actually wake myself early on weekends to go to the Worthington Farmers' Market...

Wouldn't a salsa with these and yellow tomatoes look awesome?

No comments:
Post a Comment