What's Cooking...

Would writing about a restaurant visit during which I took no pictures be totally lame?

Thursday, October 16, 2008

An All-Time Low?

I'm so excited, after tomorrow my life will be somewhat less hectic. I'll be finished running my massive data collection efforts for my masters thesis and will hopefully resume eating, cooking, and hopefully having a social life :-)

Honestly, not having time to cook or really sit down and eat for more than 5 minutes has been a huge bummer! A few nights ago (one of my working until 10pm nights), I had planned on coming home and at least heating up something frozen or perhaps even making some lovely mac & cheese. Hell, I could have had a bowl of cereal. Instead, I got distracted by other things, and my "dinner" ended up being a few pieces of sushi and some Fig Newmans. Yes, that is Newmans and not Newtons. See...
Independently, sushi and fig newmans are delicious. Together, it was a little strange but still somehow satisfying. Try it sometime, you'll see ;-)

I can't wait to get back to real cooking now that I'll be home in the evenings. I've been dying to make some butternut squash soup. Hopefully, you'll see that here soon :-) 

2 comments:

zarafa said...

its on the ag part of campus, to the north of the ag admin building. its in a little park across the street south of the schott. if that makes any sense.

zarafa said...

apparently its part of the "chadwick arboretum and learning gardens"