On the other hand, I think there is something special about tomatoes that you've grown yourself (heirloom or not). It's always exciting to watch them ripen and finally reach the point where you can happily pluck them from your own vine. Or if you get tomatoes (or most anything) from the farmers' market, it's generally a safe bet. The farmers are right there selling you their best produce. They're knowledgeable and can give good recommendations, they can tell you how their produce was grown, and sometimes they even give you free samples or extras to take home with you :-)
I'm going to be sad in the winter when I have to go back to buying all of my produce at the grocery store. My Kroger generally has good stuff, but I'm totally in love with the markets this summer. In fact, I'll be hitting them up tomorrow morning.

No comments:
Post a Comment