Monday seemed like a great day to come home to dinner, so on Sunday night I decided to prep everything for Slow Cooker Chipotle-Lime Chicken Thighs. It took about 20 minutes (maybe less) to get everything into the pot. Then I just covered and refrigerated it overnight. In the morning I popped it in to the slow cooker, set it, and left. I was a little worried because the recipe said to cook for 8 hrs on low, but I knew I wouldn't be back for 10-11 hrs. Silly me, I forgot my pot switches to warming the food once it's done :-)
It's a good thing I did this on Monday because I didn't get home until around 7:45, and I didn't want to do much. This was great since the chicken was ready, and all I needed to do was make the rice and beans to go with it. I really liked the flavor of this and so did Adrian since he loves chipotles. The meat was really tender too. My only problem is that I prefer chicken breasts to thighs, and the thighs were fatty (but I realize that's somewhat necessary for slow cooking).
So now I'm on the search for more slow cooker recipes. Know any good ones? I just received a gift subscription to Real Simple (thanks, Tishana!), and the latest magazine has a recipe for pulled pork tacos I may try. This recipe for Chicken w/ Rosemary, Apples & Onions also sounds good. Hmm, but there's also a bunch on realsimple.com: Easy, Hearty Dinners and 6 No-Fuss Slow-Cooker Meals. Looks like I'll have lots of recipes to try :-)

1 comment:
try lamb in the slow cooker makes fantastic winter stews. you can use cuts like shank etc.
Post a Comment